Cost: $ 1,595.00 per student
Duration: 40 Hours
Prerequisites: UT Level II certification or minimum of 80 hours conventional UT training.
Equipment Needed: All equipment, including scope, is provided for this class. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own personnel scope if they have one but it is not required.
For an ONSITE QUOTE or to REGISTER contact us at: email@example.com
This course covers the basic theory and equipment operation associated with the time of flight diffraction (TOFD) technique. Our training classes blend theoretical training and lab exercises to help maximize the learning potential. We prepare you by training with state of the art equipment and have one the largest collections of real flawed samples which also help prepare individuals for the real world.
This 40 Hour will fill the formal training requirements if seeking certification in TOFD to SNT-TC-1A or CP-189. This class follows and fulfills the Topical Outline for Qualification of Nondestructive Testing Personnel CP-105.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us at any time.
TOFD Course Outline
- Wave physics and properties of Ultrasonic TOFD
- TOFD Probes and Wedges
- Features and design
- Beam Characteristics
- Proper equipment selection
- Instrument control and Calibration
- Basic instrument parameters
- Wedge Delay and Velocity calibrations
- PCS Calibrations
- Scan planning, development, and practice
- Determining PCS for 2/3 coverage
- Determining PCS for depth focusing
- Parallel and non-parallel scanning
- Multi-probe setups
- Data interpretation
- A- and B-scan explanation/interpretation
- Basic flaw height, length, and depth measurements
- Basic flaw characterization o Advanced analysis functions
- Lateral Wave synchronization
- Lateral Wave removal
- Encoded calibrations and data collection
- Overview of Codes and TOFD Standards
- Hands-on TOFD Calibration and Examination Laboratory exercises.