Cost: $1,595.00 per student
Duration: 40 Hours
Prerequisites: 80 hours of conventional UT training
Equipment Needed: All equipment, including scope, is provided for this class. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own personnel scope if they have one but it is not required.
For an onsite quote contact us at: email@example.com
This advanced ultrasonic training class is ideally suited for any individual who has a good understanding of conventional ultrasonic theory. Whether you are a Manager, Engineer, Auditor, or Inspector, this training class will provide you with foundational knowledge to understand the physics and basic equipment operation involved with phased array ultrasonic testing (PAUT).
If you’ve never had PAUT theory training, then this class should be your first step. If you’ve had previous PAUT training but don’t feel you gained a sufficient understanding of the principles behind PAUT or a thorough understanding of equipment operation then this class is the answer. Our training classes blend theoretical training and lab exercises to help maximize the learning potential. We prepare you by training with state of the art equipment and have one of the largest collections of real flawed samples which also help prepare individuals for the real world.
This class is an essential step for individuals seeking certification in PAUT. SNT-TC-1A and CP-189 require 80 total hours of PAUT formal training. This class, in combination with the PA-102, follows and fulfills the Topical Outline for Qualification of Nondestructive Testing Personnel CP-105.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us at any time.
Available Classes: Training Calendar
- Wave Physics of Phased Array Ultrasonics
- Phased Array Transducers
- Probe Feature and Design
- Beam and Wave Forming
- Electronics and Computer Control
- Calibration of a Phased Array System (OmniScan)
- Phased Array Scanning Applications
- Beam Focusing
- Beam Steering
- Manual Phased Array Scans
- Electronic scanning
- Sector Scanning
- Combined scanning using the OmniScan Grouping Feature
- Phased Array Probe Selection
- Phased Array Data Presentation
- A, B C, S Scans
- Sectorial Scans
- Linear Scans
- File Management
- Limitations (steering/array lobes)
- DAC and TCG Calibrations
- Encoder Calibrations and Encoded Examinations
- Overview of Codes and Standards for Phased Array
- Hands-on Phased Array Calibration and Examination Laboratory Exercises