Cost: $1,595.00 per student
Duration: 40 Hours
Prerequisites: 80 hours of conventional UT training
Equipment Needed: All equipment, including scope, is provided for this class. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own personnel scope if they have one but it is not required.
For an onsite quote contact us at: email@example.com
This advanced ultrasonic training class is ideally suited for individuals who have already been trained in basic theory and equipment operation in phased array. If you lack understanding of PAUT theory, lack proficiency in equipment operation, or would just like a refresher in these areas, we highly recommend taking our PA-101 class in conjunction with this class.
PA-102 dives into the more advanced applications of phased array. This class mostly focuses on the methodologies of scan planning, advanced grouping, and discontinuity detection and characterization as applied to the inspection of welds. This class, just like all our training classes, blends theoretical training and lab exercises to help maximize the learning potential. We prepare you by training with state of the art equipment and have one of the largest collections of real flawed samples which also helps prepare individuals for the real world. At the end of this course, students can expect to have a thorough understanding of how to apply phased array in all weld inspection applications.
This class is an essential step for individuals seeking certification in PAUT. SNT-TC-1A and CP-189 require 80 total hours of PAUT formal training. This class, in combination with the PA-101, follows and fulfills the Topical Outline for Qualification of Nondestructive Testing Personnel CP-105.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us at any time.
Available Classes: Training Calendar
- Advanced Phased Array Theory Uses and Application
- Codes and Standards: UT in Lieu of RT
- PA Probe set ups using the grouping feature
- Combined Linear and Sectorial Scanning
- Phased Array Ultrasonic Data Evaluation
- Phased Array Transducer Applications for Weld Inspection
- Advanced Calibration of a Phased Array System using the Grouping Feature
- Phased Array Scan Planning Methods and Techniques
- Cross Sectional Plotting Views
- Multiple Beam Angle Projections
- Weld and HAZ Volume Coverage per Codes and Standards
- Advanced Weld Examinations
- Flaw Detection
- Flaw Characterization
- Encoded Phased Array Scanning and Weld Examination Applications
- Advanced Phased Array Data Analysis
- Evaluation of A, B C, S Scans for Flaw Characterization
- Sectorial Scans
- Linear Scans
- Electronic Report Preparation
- Hands-on Phased Array Examination Laboratory Exercises
- Weld Flaw Examination