- This event has passed.
UT-301 – Advanced UT Flaw Detection & Characterization
September 13 - September 17
Cost: $1,395.00 per student
Duration: 40 Hours
Prerequisites: 80 hours of conventional UT training
Equipment Needed: -UT Scope (UT Equipment may be provided but inventory is limited. Contact us to reserve)
–Minimum of one 2.25 to 5 Mhz transducer (1/4” to 1/2” diameter)
–45, 60, and 70 degree Wedges
–Rompus, DSC, or IIW Block (Carbon Steel)
For an ONSITE QUOTE or to REGISTER contact us at: email@example.com
An advanced ultrasonic training course designed for Level II, Level III and NDE management and Supervisory personnel. This class is also ideal for individuals planning to take the API QUTE or other similar Performance Demonstration examinations testing your detection and characterization skills.
This course will present ultrasonic examination methods for flaw detection and Time of Flight (TOF) characterization techniques in welds and materials susceptible to Intergranular Stress Corrosion Cracking (IGSCC/SCC), mechanical fatigue and thermal fatigue. These methods can be applied to piping, plate, and vessel components in petroleum, chemical, fossil, nuclear, and aerospace industries or any industry involved in ultrasonic examination of metallic product forms.
This “hands-on” practical advanced ultrasonic course includes shear wave and refracted longitudinal wave techniques for detection and signal characterization techniques to address the effects of echo dynamics, rise and fall time, and pulse duration for the identification of the ultrasonic signals.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us at any time.
Available Classes: Training Calendar
UT-301 Course Outline
- UT Level II Review
- Ultrasonic Signal Characterization
- Rise and Fall
- Pulse Duration
- Weld Fabrication and In-service Inspection Flaws
- Geometric Reflectors
- UT Inspection Coverage
- Transducer Selection and Angle/Exit Point Verification
- Calibration block design considerations
- Angle Beam Calibration for sound path (Time of Flight, TOF)
- Calibration for Sensitivity, Notches, Holes and DAC Curves
- Ultrasonic Examination Requirements, and Evaluation and Recording Criteria
- Plotting, Plan, and Dimensional View Data
- 45 Degree, 60 Degree and 70 Degree Scan Evaluation of Recordable Indications