Cost: $1,535.00 per student
Duration: 40 Hours
Prerequisites: 80 hours of conventional UT training
Equipment Needed: UT Scope, Minimum of one 2.25 to 5 Mhz transducer (1/4” to 1/2” diameter), 45, 60, and 70 degree Wedges, Rompus, DSC, or IIW Block (Carbon Steel)
(A scope may be provided if necessary but inventory is limited so contact us to reserve.)
For an onsite quote contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
An advanced ultrasonic training course designed for Level II, Level III and NDE management and Supervisory personnel. This class is also ideal for individuals planning to take the API QUTE, API QUPA or other similar Performance Demonstration examinations testing your detection and characterization skills.
This course will present advanced ultrasonic examination techniques for detection, characterization, and sizing of discontinuities caused by the welding process and also service- related damage mechanisms. These methods can be applied to piping, plate, and vessel components in petroleum, chemical, fossil, nuclear, and aerospace industries or any industry involved in ultrasonic examination of metallic product forms.
This “hands-on” practical advanced ultrasonic course includes shear wave and refracted longitudinal wave techniques for detection and signal characterization techniques to address the effects of echo dynamics, rise and fall time, and pulse duration for the identification of the ultrasonic signals.
If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us at any time.
Available Classes: Training Calendar
- UT Level II Review
- Ultrasonic Signal Characterization
- Rise and Fall
- Pulse Duration
- Weld Fabrication and In-service Inspection Flaws
- Geometric Reflectors
- UT Inspection Coverage
- Transducer Selection and Angle/Exit Point Verification
- Calibration block design considerations
- Angle Beam Calibration for sound path (Time of Flight, TOF)
- Calibration for Sensitivity, Notches, Holes and DAC Curves
- Ultrasonic Examination Requirements, and Evaluation and Recording Criteria
- Plotting, Plan, and Dimensional View Data
- 45 Degree, 60 Degree and 70 Degree Scan Evaluation of Recordable Indications